Since its establishment in 1980, Akal Security has grown from a small local firm to one of the largest contract security companies in the United States. Started with a $1,200 loan from one of our founders, Akal has grown steadily by exceeding client expectations, and by remaining dedicated to service and employee development.
Today, Akal is the largest provider of contract Judicial Security services, protecting federal courthouses in 40 states. Akal specializes in providing security for critical federal government facilities, state and local government agencies and military installations.
Akal’s mission, vision and values not only guide the company’s actions and decisions, but also serve as the foundation on which Akal builds relationships with our clients, employees, and communities.
Akal also provides security for corporate clients, including leading companies in transportation, energy and technology.
Akal is one of America’s largest security personnel firms. We’ve grown over the years from a small New Mexico start-up, securing small businesses in our local communities, to a major global services provider, and one of the top 100 government contractors in America. Akal Security’s unlimited commitment to serving our clients, employees and communities remains the foundation of the exceptional services our people provide every day, across the nation and around the world.
- U.S. owned and operated since 1980.
- The largest judicial security contractor in the United States.
- Protecting facilities vital to our nation’s security in 40 states and 20 countries.
- Named America’s top employer of disabled veterans in 2005.
- Ranked as one of the top 100 civilian contractors in the United States by Government Executive Magazine.
- Delivering a focus on Quality, Training, and Compliance through its innovative QTC Program.
Throughout the communities we serve, Akal Security is known for providing exceptional service to its clients. The reputation is justly earned with Akal employees fully committed to living Akal’s mission, vision and values in their daily work.